How We Use Your Information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we're required to enter into a contract with you
We use your personal information to process your order and payment or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent
We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box agreeing to same.
1. To inform you when we have a special offer discount available
2. To make you aware of new products when they are launched
3. To let you know your consignment is ready for collection
4. To provide details when your consignment has been dispatched
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks
relevant to our business relationship or potential therefore. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
1. To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
2. To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
3. To check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you are happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys).
4. For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms
5. To send promotional material in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
6. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
7. To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts
8. To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
Personalise & Improve our Service
To personalise your experience on our online services. This could include providing you with interesting, relevant content, or making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier
To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use, the way you use them and how you shop so we can serve you better
Improve the content and appearance of the Website(s) or App(s), and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; to determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; and the analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies
To show you relevant ads by using data collected from your devices, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have given us, such as your age range, gender and topics of interest. Dependant on your Ads Settings, this data informs the ads that you see across your devices. So if you visit our website on your computer at work, you might see ads about our products or services on your phone later that night.
To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.